Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gen Con 2010 report

Default Gen Con 2010 report

Nick Dorman of Team Hopper takes you on a guided tour through the events at Gen Con. Enjoy :-)

Full story here: http://www.thespoils.com/spoils/view...port_lowercase
    How can you support The Spoils? Just keep playing and buying this great game!

almost like being there...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Dorman
    The Satellite Draft took place while I was still playing in the iPod Sealed Event so I am not positive who won.
    I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Dorman
    Then it was time for the finals with Bernie playing against Jason, two players that have played together for years and know each other very well. The two players discussed a little and came to the conclusion that Jason was the winner of 2010 Nationals
    What a gripping and exciting final match that must have been! I'm sure everyone was on the edge of their seats wondering what would happen!!! I'm just glad we can say that the game is so much fun, people don't even play it in the final match of the biggest tourney of the year!

Sorry...hate IDs and prize splits. Especially in a grand finale. It's like if the Super Bowl were decided by the coin flip.

Regardless, I had a great time at the con and it was great playing with everyone! Good writeup, Nick!
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sabash
    Sorry...hate IDs and prize splits. Especially in a grand finale. It's like if the Super Bowl were decided by the coin flip.
    Agreed!

I agree partially. I don't have any objections to splitting the prizes. But I think the players should play it out for the title.

Not how I would have done it, but it's within their rights
    R.I.P. Tenacious

Vive Arcane Tinman!

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak
    Not how I would have done it, but it's within their rights
    True...I should make it clear that I have nothing against the guys for exercising the option (my problem is that the option exists!). Kudos on a tourney well-played, guys!

I just wish there had been a dramatic ending...
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Quote Originally Posted by Sabash
    I just wish there had been a dramatic ending...
    While I agree with the desire for a dramatic ending, I can say with complete truth that all of the endings of the Top 8 games there were played had dramatic endings.

Since it was the Top 8 I was judging two of the 4 Top 8 games (to keep track of life totals/influence lost) while Red was keeping track of the other two games. Once Top 8 was over I kept track of both Top 4 games. They were all SUPER close and well played.

The closest, though, had to be the Top 8 game between Bernie (La Sin Grail) and Tom (Arazakon) in which a top decked Manful Skirmish gave Bernie fatal damage on board. Had he not drawn it, Tom would have fatal damage on the next turn and came in for the win. Total nail-biter and a pleasure to watch.
    Team Hopper
    Original Grasshopper's Judge
    They call me the King...

+ Reply to Thread