Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Obsessive Life Gain

Default Obsessive Life Gain

I was thinking about the whole Beattrix (yeah I know its misspelled) and Gold Summit combo. But then I thought hey lets add obsession for control and wait Ambiguity Inhibitor. The thing about this is that you cycle through your deck better while getting better hand control. Throw in typical banker/acranist cards and you get a better life gain deck. Personally im the lazy type and dont put up decks rather deck ideas so we can all have nice deck combo conversations, because I think most of us would like to add our own flavor anyway. Suggestions for decks around this combo would be great.
    So what if its not broken, at least I'm original.

Liberal Card Player, Conservative Political Player

Hurray for smiley

how does gaining life win you games?
    I play Spoils better than you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Meine
    It doesn't. You sure can draw like crazy, though!
    "Look at banner, Michael!"
    (robotic voice) "People think I'm smart because I talk in a robot voice."
    "I now have the strength of a grown man and a little baby."
    "One name? One name? Who are you, Seal?"
    "She's had prime rib. Having you would be like having some...weird brother of prime rib."

You see, once you hit the limit value that an Integer can hold, you roll back over to a large absolute value negative number. If you can find a way to Mirror Universe at the moment of the rollover, you transfer that large negative number to your opponent's influence total and viola! Victory!
    R.I.P. Tenacious

Vive Arcane Tinman!

Ambiguity Embiggener would work even better. More drawing that way. Also, Selective Gluttony's are pretty disgusting in combination with one or more Gold Summits.

Brad has a good point though, that there needs to be a win condition. I built a mono Banker influence-gain/covert deck a couple days ago. I ran it once, and got up to about 52 Influence. Problem was, all of my win-condition cards (Goons and Gristwalters [yes, yes, Gristwalter isn't a win condition, but he sure helps]) were all at the bottom of my deck. So I basically ended up killing myself with Gluttony and then got annihilated. The game took over ninety minutes to play out and I scrapped the deck afterwards.

However, an Obsession-Greed deck would probably work much better. It would add deck-searching power, better control and everything. I might have to reconsider the idea.

Actually I think Embiggener has a different wording such that you are not drawing cards, but putting cards from the top of your library into your hand. My guess is this is to prevent anything that triggers on card drawing.
    R.I.P. Tenacious

Vive Arcane Tinman!

7. Default what you do..

use Gold Summit, Gluttony, Writ of Reclaimation, (Removal here), Revivitate and HUGE creatures. Gain lots of life put the crap you don't want into your discard. Revivitate/Writ stuff back into play/hand/deck you want. VIOLA! Lots of life and a win condition
    I have cooler hair than Braid Meine.
    Member of WTF
    Annoying SoB
    Better than thou
    Top 8 at the Limited - WITH TWO HOLLOW MOOSE
    Top 8 at Spring Constucted
    Top 8 at Constructed Invitational
    Lots of chaos at Gencon. (Seph-I-Roth!)
    Cruise qualified... deal with me on a boat I dare you!
    Dealt Joe (Hyperfrog) his first loss in constructed format, EVER. (or at least that's what they said, it's still fun to say )
    Money talks.

It doesnt however if your gaining life it opens you up to be more aggresive with your attacks. I starting doing a build of this last night and put in lots of control. I guess the idea is that if im not controlling your cards, I have enough influence to attack without having to leave as many blockers. Plus bankers have cards that are good but you lose influence.
    So what if its not broken, at least I'm original.

Liberal Card Player, Conservative Political Player

Hurray for smiley

Quote Originally Posted by cravix
    It doesnt however if your gaining life it opens you up to be more aggresive with your attacks. I starting doing a build of this last night and put in lots of control. I guess the idea is that if im not controlling your cards, I have enough influence to attack without having to leave as many blockers. Plus bankers have cards that are good but you lose influence.

A good way to attack and not be vulnerable is to kill your opponents cards.
    -you can do this more reliably by removing life gain.
    Tainted Stars: 1

Top 8 @ ComicCon 5K
    boston13K scrub out
    STE points:not enough
    "Pod Six is jerks!"

10. Default Shut Up Tony

Quote Originally Posted by D3501473_1
    use Gold Summit, Gluttony, Writ of Reclaimation, (Removal here), Revivitate and HUGE creatures. Gain lots of life put the crap you don't want into your discard. Revivitate/Writ stuff back into play/hand/deck you want. VIOLA! Lots of life and a win condition
    Damnit tony you are giving away secret team tech. KNOCK IT OFF. oh yeah, i already ran that deck and drew to against you it to knock you out of top 8.... nevermind
    Also known as Sir Demos (thats a long E folks), beater of ass
    Founder Of Team WTF
    Screen name= Picillofan99, always up for some last minute and late night testing.
    Hater of The Spoils, just ask Tides
    Join The Reistance. stop TROLLS. Join the K2DPOTS today. Put it up to a mirror if you don't get it.

+ Reply to Thread